If you and your partner have decided that now’s the time to start a family, you may need to move into a larger home. Even if you love your current home and have lived there for a number of years, a small, one-bedroomed flat isn’t going to be enough to accommodate a growing family. You’ll have lots of happy memories of your first property as a couple, but you’re about to create many new memories that you’ll cherish forever. Perhaps you’ve already purchased a new home and are wondering what to do next. You might not want to think about the reality, but moving day is going to be a stressful endeavour.
Fortunately, home removalists in Perth exist to make the task of relocating much simpler. They can pack your belongings safely, do all the heavy lifting, transport everything to your new property and unload everything with ease. The very best removalists also offer temporary storage solutions if required for an extra fee. Of course, you might not feel at ease trusting other people with your prized possessions, but you can feel confident everything will arrive in one piece as long as you choose the right company.
Home removalists by Adlam Transport are trusted by Perth homeowners because they’ve handled a wide variety of removals, both small and large scale. They will handle every aspect of packing and transporting your belongings, though there are a few things you may want to do in preparation for their arrival.
How to Prepare for the Removalists
The very best removalists will take care of everything for you, but doing the following things could save time and money:
- Take the kids to your parents – If you already have kids, you might want to get them out of the house so they’re not running around while the professionals are working.
- Take your furniture apart – It’s a good idea to dismantle large items such as your bed so that the removalists don’t have to spend hours doing it for you.
- Empty the fridge – At least two hours before the removalist arrive, you should remove everything from your fridge and freezer and disconnect the power.
- Empty the cupboards – If you’re unsure of how to pack plates and glasses safely, leave it to the professionals, though you might still want to empty your cupboards beforehand.
- Masking tape the doors – You don’t want swinging furniture doors to cause any damage, so use masking tape to hold them in place.
- Pack in advance – Everybody has been guilty of leaving packing until the last minute, but it’s a good idea to start at least a week before you move.
- Throw some things out – Don’t let your new home become full of clutter by getting rid of things you don’t need beforehand.
The Simple Way
If this is your first big move and you don’t know how to pack things safely, the professionals will gladly provide assistance, but doing as much packing as you can on your own could save you money. Just make sure you only utilise a company that has proven experience.